With the growing technology, nearly everybody has a social media profile. This means that you can not ignore the power of social media in your marketing strategies. For this reason, startups and most businesses are increasingly hiring social media assistants to work with them to increase the value of their business. But you may be wondering, what is a social media assistant, and should you use one for your small business? Let’s tackle these questions you may have, by explaining their roles and responsibilities, and then you may decide if you need it based on what value they will offer.
So, What Does Average Social Media Assistant Service Involve?
Average social media assistant services involve close participation of a social media assistance who acts as a bridge between the organizations’ managers and the customers through social media platforms.
Who Is A Social Media Assistant?
Social media assistants work closely with social media strategist, social media specialist, social media managers, online community managers, and social media marketing manager to create engaging content for a brand’s social media presence.
Some of their duties and responsibilities include;
- Providing both administrative and clerical support.
- Help build rapport with clients and social media outlets.
- Assist in implementing, monitoring and troubleshooting different social media projects.
What do Social Media Assistants Do
The day-to-day task you expect from the average social media assistant include;
Updating Your Social Media Platforms
You need consistent in posting your content on your site, whether you like posts daily, weekly or monthly. However, this can be a tedious task when you have multiple platforms to post. Therefore, social media assistant will ensure that contents are generated on your platforms on a constant basis. Your services will be automatically be running without your having to think about it.
Overseeing Competition and Campaigns
Getting your social competitions managed is a great way to get audience sharing your content and connected to your social networks. Social media assistance know the ins and outs of making contents that will get visitors excited. They engage people by involving giveaways and promotions hence generating a lot of hype for your brand.
Creating New Social Media Pages and Accounts
Social media assistance also work by creating new pages for your business or side projects. You may also have many hustles that may require more than one account with different social networks. Why waste time setting up new accounts when social media assistants can do this better.
Create Monthly Reports and Metrics
ROI is sometimes challenging to measure, especially for startup businesses or large businesses with sophisticated systems. Social media assistance help you set and implements the goals of your company. They help you understand whether your goals are working for or against you. They work by monitoring the progress of your activities by measuring your metric reports every couple of weeks or every month.
Engaging with Target Market
One of the essential aspects of marketing your business is by staying in front of your basic clientele demographics. Using your social media platforms to target and get in front of those populations is crucial for your overall business. Social media assistant knows the ins and outs of how to do it right for your business.
Other essential duties of social media assistant include:
- Overall management of your brand’s social media channels including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and other relevant platforms using advanced tools
- Writing, editing and posting content on your channel.
- Optimizes your site content following pay-per-click (PPC) and search engine optimization (SEO)
- Involve in social media discussions and responding to different queries from clients and audience.
- Searching for interesting content to attract your channels’ visitors
- Participating in social media conferences and group chat relevant to your brand
- Developing social media marketing strategies to increase your audience
- Works with other marketing and social media team members to coordinate ad campaigns with social media strategies.
What Skills To Expect From Them
So, what are the skills you expect from your average social media assistance services? For effective social media assistance services, your social media assistance/manager should possess the following skills:
- Excellent Communication Skills; they have good communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Knowledge of Media Production; they proficient in working with social media channels and different tools to manage multiple accounts at a go.
- The Power to Influence; they have the ability to sell products and services to both new clients and existing customers
- Customer Relation; the ability to work well with others within the team and with clients.
- The ability to pay attention to detail, accept criticism and work well under pressure
- Good Computer Skills; you will be expected to use a computer confidently as part of this job.
How Much To Pay Them
Curious what a social media assistant will cost? Understanding the cost of a social media assistant will give you a rough estimate of how much you will budget for your social media assistant services. It is essential to understand that the average salary for a Social Media Assistant will depend on some factors which include;
- Type of your business
- Your company size
- The year of experience of the social media assistant
Therefore, the report published by Glassdoor shows that the national average salary for a social media assistant in the United States is approximately $56,499 per year
This means it can cost you at least $9 to $12 per hour to pay your social media assistance.
It can be challenging to delegate some of the social media tasks on yourself. Having social media assistance services will ease the social media pressure off of your shoulders. Once you get comfortable having someone to assist in managing your social media platforms, your business will be on the right track of improving its general services.