Social media provide one of the best platforms to boost your brands and regular content you are creating to reach your followers. However, posting material or adverts should not just be done whenever you feel like doing it. Certain times work best for your content and brand than others. So, how often to post on social media and what is the best time to do so?
What factors should I keep wary of?
Some of the factors that determine the best post timing include the platform you are using, how your audience interacts with the respective platform, the region along with your target time zone and your primary marketing goals.
In this guide, I’m going to tell you the best time to post to different social media platforms that will engage your customers with your great content and lead to more comments, likes, views, and shares. Special teams of Data Scientist have worked on this statistics and have provided insights that have helped us to derive the best time you should post your content on social media.
Best Times to Post on Facebook
Being the top choice for most social media advisement platform, Facebook has the most significant share of both audience and users. With this large number of users, it would be difficult for your brands and content to reach your target audience. If you want more, likes, clicks and comments on your content, consider posting on Facebook during the following time frame:
- The best times to post on Facebook during the week is from 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. These are working hours where most of the Facebook users browse on their desktops.
- The best days to post on Facebook are Wednesday, Thursday, Friday; Weekends win the least level of engagement on Facebook especially on Saturday because most people are out.
- Tuesday is the worst day to post on Facebook, while Evenings and early mornings have the least level of engagement during the day.
Best Times to Post on LinkedIn
LinkedIn is the most extensive professional network that helps you to engage your brands and consumers. You can share valuable content about your company to your targeted audience. However, studies have shown that the engagement level is lower on LinkedIn compared to other social media due to poor post timing of your contents and brands. Luckily, the following are the best times to post on LinkedIn:
- The best day to post on LinkedIn is on Wednesday from 3 to 5 p.m.
- Engagement rate increases gradually from Tuesday through Thursday.
- Between Friday and Monday records the poorest engagement.
Best Time to Post on Twitter
Twitter is an ideal platform for dishing out interesting small-sized contents when people are on a break from their busy days. With this little knowledge, it’s vital to understand that engagements with your content will be at the peak at around noon when people are having their lunch and in the evening when people are off their jobs.
To make it more precise, these are the best time to post on twitter:
- During the weekdays (between Monday to Friday), consider posting at lunchtime hours and from 5 to 6 p.m.
- Wednesday is the best day to post, weekends being the worst days to post on Twitter.
Best Times to Post on Instagram
Instagram is the home for visual content, the most significant number of users being on a mobile
device. It gives us a small hint that most of the off-work hours work best when it comes to posting on Instagram. Most users avoid browsing during work hours. Therefore, the best times to post on Instagram are:
- The best days to post is Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, Thursday is the overall best day to post on Instagram (at 5 a.m. and 11 a.m.)
- Sunday is the worst day, though the best time to post on Sunday is 5 p.m
- During lunch hours and evening after work, between 7 to 9 p.m.
How should I use this information?
Regular monitoring of your engagement on social media and carefully analyzing your social information can help you discover the best times to post on different social media platforms. This guideline provides you with a startup schedule for your content posting.
With a different timing per-platform, it can be challenging to keep track of which times you should target. However, now with Social Ignite, you can quickly schedule these posts automatically so that you can get the most engagement with the least amount of work.