How do you ensure that you are marketing your business most effectively? One of the most important ways is to update your marketing strategy.
All you need to do is to keep your business on the cutting edge to remain relevant and, valuable, and useful.
With modern technology, this can be achieved by incorporating content marketing to your strategies. For that reason, we are excited to give you this guide on content marketing and why it is essential along with some examples of content marketing.
So, what is content marketing?
According to the Content Marketing Institute – an online resource for information on all things related to content marketing defines content marketing as;
“Content marketing is a marketing technique of creating and distributing valuable, relevant and consistent content to attract and acquire a clearly defined audience – with the objective of driving profitable customer action.”
In simple words, it’s the marketing of a business or brand through the sharing of educational, entertaining, or insightful information that will ultimately help your audiences improve their lives.
This may be in line with a change in personal behavior, or it could be in the form of a purchase decision as far as marketing decision is concerned.
Remember, content marketing is not about forcing a sales pitch at your audience or customers, but it is more of helping them move towards the best course of action such as maybe buying from you.
Therefore, the primary focus of content marketing is to create and share valuable free content to attract and convert prospects into potential customers, and customers into all-time repeat buyers.
The type of content you share should be closely related to what you sell; and on the other hand, you are educating people so that they know, like, and trust you enough to do business with you.
Why Content Marketing?
Besides understanding what content marketing is, it is also critical to understand why content marketing is essential to your brand.
Therefore, some of the benefits of content marketing include;
- Build trust with your audience; content marketing help to build trust and confidence of your online readers. As you create and share more content with your target audience, it becomes clearer that you are an authority in your field.
- Increase brand awareness; you can use content marketing to increase traffic to your site significantly. This helps you can get consistent, quality traffic and inbound links to your site. You will be able to generate more awareness and quality leads to your business through your content and use it to demonstrate your skill and expertise again and again.
- Generate leads and attracts ideal buyers; what is the essence of doing marketing? Generating leads is the first and last reason for doing any marketing. The primary goal is to create new leads to your business that are convertible (you can sell to).
Content marketing allows you to attract people who may not have even decided to buy yet. Therefore, they discover your business through all your useful content, and they create interest, once they navigate your site they get more information that converts them over time.
- Greater Return on Investment; content marketing generates greater ROI compared to traditional methods like ads. Ads have their place in a marketing strategy. However, without content marketing, your ad spends can be costly.
- Build brand authority (industry expert); your content needs to showcase your ability to do what you do better than your competitors. Your target audience should also get answers to your questions from you; they need to be sure that you will provide them with the best way to solve their particular problem.
Examples of content marketing
Content marketing is a modern concept, and it is about the merging of content and advertising. Some of the examples of content marketing include;
Coca-Cola’s “Share a coke.”
This is one of the best content marketing examples from a big brand company – Coke. For a long period, Coca-Cola has been heavily investing in innovative marketing campaigns that establish an emotional connection with its broad audience worldwide.
The “Share a coke” campaign gives every Coca-Cola lover the opportunity to personalize their drink. Individuals could customize their bottle with their name on the Coca-Cola website or look for their name (or a friend’s name) on a bottle at the gas station or supermarket.
So, what was the secret of the campaign? The campaign worked to make an emotional connection with its consumers – by asking people to share the product with someone they know. Coca-Cola invested in printed and social media campaigns with videos that showed friends getting together and sharing a Coke with their name on it. This strategy helps the brand go beyond just showing the value of the product to explaining how the product can bring people together.
|In a nutshell:The “Share a coke” campaign covered a fundamental interest for consumers – personalization. This campaign went viral as consumers began posting pictures online with their personalized drinks. Consumers could find a bottle with their name on it. Plus, they could also grab a bottle for their friend with their respective names on it. This tactic was an excellent way for Coca-cola company to catch the attention of their audience and get them to make a significant decision – purchase.|
You don’t need to have the same advertising budget as Coca-Cola for you to employ this strategy. However, you can still take a few things from this popular campaign.
Personalization; can help your consumers feel special and appreciated. Whether it’s sending a personal message through email or making product recommendations based on a consumer’s buying behaviors, the more personalized your marketing is, the more effective it will be.Building an emotional connection; with consumers is another important strategy that you can learn from this Coca-Cola campaign. This can be done by considering what your consumers care about most, and find ways to appeal to their emotions and make authentic connections.
McDonald’s Question Time
If you have ever wondered what is actually in a beef patty, then McDonald’s will tell you. This content marketing tactic is changing public perceptions through honesty. McDonald’s Canada set up the challenge of answering all their customers’ questions.
Answering customer questions have a long way of helping you build a strong relationship with your target audience. This makes trust and belief. This can help you to turn even the worst reputation on its head. McDonald’s decided to share the facts behind their brands. And, people loved their transparency.
|In a nutshell; Have superior customer service; engage with the customer on their terms, at their level and interest.|